Yesterday I was consulting at a client. The main problems that the client currently has are performance issues. One of the problems I found was the abuse of ViewState without knowing the consequences. I was trying to reduce the ViewState for the pages and because of the spaghetti code of the client’s application I had no chance in doing so. I needed much more time to solve the problem with a proper solution. Meanwhile, the client’s customer wanted results immediately so I used the ASP.NET page state persiser to solve the matter currently and instructed the developers how to start to solve their ViewState abuse.