I recently stumbled upon a small bug which had to do with a part of C# code that cleans up an HTML string which came from a database. This string is used as output on the web and therefore needs to be w3c and tidy! I always used Tidy.Net for it. Really liked it and decided to check for a new version of that library while I was doing some code maintenance. That library's latest release date is from June 2005! that’s over 6 years old! So I decided to go and look for a better solution. I found the TidyManaged project from June 2010. I wasn’t directly motivated to migrate to this library so my next step was a showdown between the two.